Home Hydroponic Gardening
Don't miss this introduction to home hydroponic gardening. We will teach you how to install it and grow a variety of fresh, healthy vegetables right in your own home, along with an overview of hydroponic gardening. We offer the course in the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett area monthly or whenever demand warrants. As in our other courses we examing the role of "STEAM concepts" — science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics — in the achievement of objectives.
- Garden of Eden Urban Farming offers courses in hydroponic home gardening, ranging from countertop home gardens through large-scale commercial operations. Our courses focus on both enjoyment and profitability, with additional emphasis on nutrition and localization of food production. Specific content and activities will vary between sessions.
- What is hydroponics?
- What is indoor farming?
- How does it differ from outdoor farming?
- Benefits? Advantages?
- ACTIVITY: Write a statement of objectives, issues and procedures.
- Application of the scientific method to hydroponic gardening.
- observe, measure
- test, repeat
- Applicability to hydroponic gardening: participants are encouraged to adopt rigorous models to advance their skills and productivity.
- ACTIVITY: Complete an exercise in typical problem solving in hydroponics.
- Equipment used to support hydroponic cultivation
- Growing Medium
- Nutrients: N-P-K
- DIY vs. packaged systems
- ACTIVITY: Examine and evaluate technical choices using a worksheet with your own criteria.
- A Systems Approach
- Recycling Water Systems
- Light Recipes
- Home Garden Systems
- Commercial Systems
- ACTIVITY: Team up to research system alternatives.
- From Seed to Table
- Health & Nutrition
- Fresh Local Produce
- Culinary Arts
- What about taste?
- ACTIVITY: Write a marketing flyer or script.
- How we know it's working
- ACTIVITY: Execute an experiment (varies with session).
REGISTRATION. By pre-registering you guarantee your place in the session you select. Enrollment is limited. [Terms
The price of the course is $195. A preview of our calendar follows. [More Information