Starting in December Tacoma Urban Leage will host a training program on hydroponic gardening. The first seminar will take place December 9 at the League's office. The training is offered in cooperation with Garden of Eden Urban Farming and Maxine Mimms Academy and will be coordinated by Michael Twiggs.
Since spring 2017, Tacoma Urban League has sponsored a hydroponic gardening demonstration garden. A group of students and young entrepreneurs in training is experimenting with growing as part of a future independent commercial project.
Future training sessions will range from DIY home gardening to commercial scale. For more information contact Michael Twiggs via the GOEUF contact form here.
Garden of Eden Urban Farming
- Wondering why YOU should care?
- Microgreens may exceed nutritional value of mature forms
- Let's talk about the church food!
- Farm in Container Fits Urban Spaces
- Food insecurity continues in Greater Seattle
- Life-affirming Gardening for Eldercare
- Tomato or not tomato, that is the question
- Dr. Maxine Mimms Visits Tukwila Garden
- Garden friends
- Micro-what? Diversify your diet!
- Using a garden to tackle food inequities
- Urban Agriculture and Innovative Production
- Hydroponics Popular with Prison Inmates