The opportunity is real and growing. Note that many more jobs and careers call for knowledge or skills in hydroponic agriculture in related industries like manufacturing, distribution, marketing and sales in both retail and wholesale companies. While our programs are not intended as workplace training, the skills and knowledge imparted are steps in the direction of a personally and professionally rewarding occupation and career. For example, these positions were open and advertised as of December 3, 2017 on a national job search board with wages and salaries ranging from $12/hour to $6,000 per month.
- Our Eduponics™ program is designed for schools from junior high through college. It introduces students to hydroponic farming in the context of a laboratory as small as a bookcase all the way up to a commercial scale business that can supply the school's own needs or be a real-world experience in business and agriculture programs. Training can lead to careers in this emerging field and in related support industries. Eduponics provides equipment, curriculum and teacher training, plus optional ongoing consultation and system maintenance, depending on the needs of the individual school.
Workshops and Seminars
Starting in 2017 we have offered workshops on hydroponic techniques ranging from self-contained desktop systems up to extensive commercial operations. Visit this page occasionally to learn what's new in this exciting activity. See the Calendar for currently scheduled workshops.
- Personal hydroponics
- Taught both on and off site, this course explores popular techniques for home vegetable production using commercially available technology.
- Introductory hydroponics
- Taught on site, this course teaches theory and technique of small scale hydroponic gardening, including hands-on experience with growing microgreens and leafy green adult plants. We examine possible employment as technicians.
- Advanced hydroponics
- Taught on site, this course expands on introductory topics and adds crop selection, alternative methods and technology, typical problem solving, and common issues in crop protection and quality assurance. We explore possible employment both within and outside the garden, including equipment manufacturing, distribution, retail (e.g., gardening shops and big-box stores). Includes exposure and experience with online management software for garden and sales management.
- Professional hydroponics
- Taught on site and virtually, this course explores problems in gardening management and further examines job opportunities within and beyond the garden, including education. We consider the "new economic engine" created by supplying fresh, local, nutritious food both to conventional grocers and in the many "food deserts" in underserved communities. Includes use of advanced management software in management of individual and distributed gardens.
- Entrepreneurial hydroponics
- Taught on site and virtually and in cooperation with selected institutions, we look at how experts can expand opportunities in the many professions tied to urban gardening. This course is open to growers, of course, but also to engineers, architects, financiers and educators.
- Seattle Central College 2021
- We taught a contingent of 8 students from SCC the rudiments of urban gardening in a six-week special course. One is now a member of our team and at least one other has been actively involved in project development in the US and abroad.
- Summer 2022 Seattle Student Gardening
- Eduponics program design submitted to Seattle City DEEL Program
- GOE's New Economic Engine
- Home gardening can play a major role in revitalization of communities. Garden of Eden can help. Our customer information center service
- GOE in Video
- Watch and Learn: Microgreens
- General information videos from around the Worldwide Web.
- Welcome, Facebook Friends!
- tallies and fwds to home page.
- Build your own Garden of Eden
- Partner with GOE to create a training and production facility. An overview of our professional development curriculum.
- First Class is 'First Class'
- GOE's first training program in Seattle is described in this article from the Seattle Medium.
- Hydroponic Gardening Overview
- Learn to grow fresh, healthy vegetables in your own home. Start the same day!
- Tacoma Urban League Demonstration Garden Under Way
- Intended to build awareness and train gardeners, this project's courses range from do-it-yourself to commercial scale.
- Tacoma Urban League Site Demonstrates Productive Concept
- Get some now.